Présentation du poste
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of specimen collection, including patient preparation, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing or preparation, transportation and storage of specimens
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration procedures related to each test performed
- Perform each test method and with proper instrument use
- Implement quality control policies and all standard laboratory procedures
- Assess and verify the validity of patient test results through the evaluation of quality control sample values prior to reporting patient test results so must have an awareness of the factors that influence test results
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and reagents
- As a Laboratory Technician you will work closely with the Laboratory Director and you will report directly to the General Supervisor.
As a Laboratory Technician you will work closely with the Laboratory Director and you will report directly to the General Supervisor.
Position Qualifications Required:
Preferably a Master's degree Must or bachelor's degree in a biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution, or the equivalent
Expertise and Skills:
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records
- Have a working knowledge of reagent stability and storage
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, work independently, work in harmony with other team members, and follow standard operating procedures and protocols
- Skill in manipulating standard laboratory equipment with speed, accuracy and safety
- Have a basic knowledge of quality control procedures and general knowledge of expected reactions
- Have a general knowledge of FDA, CLIA requirements for quality control activities
- Ability to use a computer for word processing, spreadsheet, and database analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical/problem solving skills
The person fulfilling this position with the above qualifications meets the CLIA requirements for Testing Personnel (cf. guidelines outlined in CLIA-88 - 42 CFR 493.1489) and 2 years laboratory work experience preferred.