Présentation du poste
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a self-motivated Medical Technologist for our US Office, in Richmond, Virginia 23219.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- In charge of specimen collection, including patient preparation, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing or preparation, transportation and storage of specimens
- Perform each test method and with proper instrument use
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration procedures related to each test performed
- Implement quality control policies and all standard laboratory procedures
- Assess and verify the validity of patient test results through the evaluation of quality control prior to reporting patient test results
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and reagents
Medical Technologist As a you will report directly to the Laboratory Supervisor.
Position Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution, or equivalent
- Must have subject matter expertise in platform technologies used in HalioDx testing
- Must meet qualification requirements for CLIA personnel high complexity testing
- Master's degree, ASCP certification, degree in clinical laboratory sciences from an accredited institution or equivalent
- 3 years or more experience in Immunology, chemistry, and/or anatomic pathology
Expertise and Skills:
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records
- Have a working knowledge of reagent stability and storage
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, work independently, work in harmony with other team members, and follow standard operating procedures and protocols
- Skill in manipulating standard laboratory equipment with speed, accuracy and safety
- Have a basic knowledge of quality control procedures and general knowledge of expected reactions
- Have a general knowledge of FDA, CLIA requirements for quality control activities
- Ability to use a computer for word processing, spreadsheet, and database analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical/problem solving skills
The person fulfilling this position with the above qualifications meets the CLIA requirements for Testing Personnel (see guidelines outlined in CLIA-88 - 42 CFR 493.1489) and 2 years laboratory work experience preferred.
As an employee with HalioDx, you will be part of an international firm with an amazing history! As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities.